Backing Kickstarters Through Tanuki Games
We know how much you love your Kickstarters, and we want to help you back as many as possible! Here is how backing games through Tanuki Games works:
- Pay the deposit for the game via the Kickstarter Pre-order page.
- When the pledge manager goes live, we will contact you to customize your pledge however you like.
- When the game comes in, we contact you, you pay the remainder of the cost, and get your game!
You ask for a deposit, but don't list a final price. How do I know what the final price will be?
- The final cost of a Kickstarter is often up in the air until shortly before fulfillment. What we can promise you is that if you are placing a deposit, you will save at least SOME money buying with us versus backing the Kickstarter directly, even if just a couple of dollars. At a certain point once we have solid information on pricing, the deposit option will be removed and replaced with a final price. At that point, that is the final price for the game when it releases.
The Pledge Manager has already closed but you are still taking deposits. How will I know what I can get?
- This one is a little tricky. We always order more of each game than what we take deposits for. So if we are still taking deposits for a game that has already had its pledge manager close, you can at the very least still get the base game. Often we have extras available as well but we won't be able to guarantee anything. So placing your deposit at this point puts you in line to get a crack at any extras before they are put out for general sale.
Some general tips / comments:
- Regarding WHEN the Kickstarter games will arrive, we don't have any information aside from what they include in the updates. If you are curious as to the status of a Kickstarter game you are waiting on, please check the most recent updates on the campaign page. If the Kickstarter is still live, we recommend you back the Kickstarter campaign at the $1 level so you can receive all the updates.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what Kickstarters you want. We only back Kickstarters that our customers express interest in.
- We may have some available copies after a Kickstarter fulfills. However, pre-ordering has many benefits: it guarantees you a copy, you can customize your pledge however you like, and we often offer a better price to those that pre-order.
- Deposits are refundable up until the pledge manager has gone live. If you change your mind, before then, we can refund you. After that, deposits are not refundable or transferrable to other purchases.